Since 2011, we’ve been developing technologies that enable remote solar design to be accomplished accurately, efficiently, and reliably. Our service provides the necessary information to install precisely optimized PV designs – increasing performance while reducing installer soft costs.
To create our reports, we use high resolution aerial imagery to build an accurate 3D model of the site, complete with on and off-roof shading obstructions. We then run a detailed shading analysis with per-panel resolution for every part of the roof where a solar PV panel will fit. Using this information, we design two solar PV panel layouts: a layout based on input preferences and a layout showing all possible panel locations on the roof.
We serve solar companies ranging in size from small single crew contractors, to large companies with installation pipelines in the hundreds.
We provide solutions for utility companies, solar finance professionals and municipal program administrators by streamlining their project analysis and design process. Whether you’re a finance company putting together a single PPA comprised of several thousand structures, or a program administrator trying to manage project development for a city or statewide program, chance are we can help.
Each report details two module layouts – Optimal and All Locations. This gives you flexibility to answer your client’s questions about alternate module placements and to evaluate the feasibility of different system sizes. Each module layout includes the following information:
Download Sample Report (PDF)
Scaled Site Plan page
- Roof plan, drawn to scale, depicting site features, setbacks and dimensions
- Array details including yield, tilt, azimuth, module counts, and dimensions
Perspective View page
- Non-technical illustration suitable for sales presentations
- Three-dimensional characteristics of the site with relevant solar conditions
- Total Solar Resource Fraction value for each solar module
- Identify optimal placement on roof
Shading Analysis page
- Solar Access Value for each solar module
- Quantify impact of shading on production
System Performance page
- Monthly and annual shading derates per-array
- Monthly and annual shading derates and production estimates for the system
- Side-by-side comparison of shaded array yields and unshaded array yields
Residential Report Pricing
List price is $200 per report for single-family residential. Applies to roof-mounted projects under 10kW. Volume pricing is available for clients who order 10 or more reports per month. Contact us for details.